Deposit and Payment
To secure your reservation, a deposit of 50 % of the charter fee per person is required within seven (7) days of booking. Final payment is required 6 weeks prior to departure. All payments may be made by money transfer. All reservations are subject to cancellation if payments are not received by the due date.
Cancellations and Refunds
For full refund of charter fee, notice of cancellation must be in writing and received by Medsail Holidays AB no later than 60 days prior to sailing.
If a cancellation occurs, the following charges will apply:
*60-45 days prior to departure: 25% of cruise fare
*45-30 days prior to departure: 50% of cruise fare
*30 days or less prior to departure: No refund
Refunds will normally be made to the booking party. Medsail Holidays AB can only be responsible for refunding amounts actually received. No refunds will be made to passengers who do not board the boat or passengers who cancel after the start of the cruise. We recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
General Information CABIN CHARTER
1. Check in and boarding starts from 15:30 on your first day and the first meal is dinner on board. Check out will be on the last day after breakfast at 10:30 am.
2. As the first and the last days are transfer days, these nights will be spent in the marina.
3. During the “Blue Cruise” the engines will mostly be used. However the sails can be opened from time to time according to the weather conditions and wind direction. The sail on the yacht will be opened at least twice a week.
4. The captain may make changes to the cruise program according to the sea and weather conditions. This is for the safety and security of our guests. Sailing is not permitted by port authorities in case of winds if 6-7 Beaufort or more.
5. It is not allowed to bring drinks or alcoholic beverages on board from outside. A large selection of drinks can be purchased from the bar of the yacht at a reasonable price and bills will be paid at the end of the cruise.
6. Our cruises are sold directly as well as through our tour operators. Our clients consist of people who love the sea from all over the globe and we believe this creates the perfect opportunity to meet people from every type of culture. We cannot and do not control the age or nationality of guests on board. No children under the age of 12 are allowed on board for Cabin Charters for the itinerary No : 6, 7 and 8. For those who have children, they may hire a private gulet as we have gulets that are ranged from 2 cabins and more. If you would like to hire a Private Yacht then please see our Private Yacht Charter section.
7. Our cruises are carefully planned and every detail thoughtfully considered. We have had the experience of planning cruises for a number of years. Tours are listed in our web site and therefore we cannot make changes to the itinerary according to customer’s special requirements.
8. Instructions of the boat will be given to our guests by the embarkation.
9. We cannot give any guarantee for twin or triple cabins on the standard yachts.
10. All cabins have private WC / shower, portholes and a small wardrobe. The toilets can either be flushing type, marine type toilet with a pump or electrical.
11. In all of our boat there is sufficient safety equipment on board including life jackets & lines, dingy boats and a life raft. These all meet international safety requirements.
12. For the programs with standard yachts we guarantee an inverter or generator to charge your electrical gadgets in the communal areas.Though for the programs with air conditioned yachts you may have 220V in your cabins too.
13. All yachts store basic fishing lines, flippers and snorkels for the use of our guests.
14. In our Cabin Charter prices, Port Charges for all ports and fuel surcharges are included in the price unlike other firms.
15. In every cabin you will have face and body towel per person, these towels are for bath usage only and cannot be use for sun bathing, we reccommed you to bring your own sun bathing towels with you for onboard.
Medsail Holidays AB may operate the cruise program with another boat as long as this boat is of the same or higher standard. Passengers offered a suitable alternative cruise program or boat are not entitled to any refund.
Medsail Holidays AB may for any reason whatsoever cancel any cruise at any time for reasons of force majeure.
During the cruise should the boat sustain any breakdown in machinery, or be disabled by fire, grounding or collision disrupting the cruise itinerary for more than 48 hours, and if no substitute boat or arrangement is offered, passengers will be entitled to a refund proportional to the cruise days not operated. No further claims will be accepted.
It is further recognized that Medsail Holidays AB is a Swedish Company, and it is agreed between Medsail Holidays AB and contractual party that the interpretation of the terms and conditions will be resolved solely according to the Swedish Laws in Sweden Courts.
Medsail Holidays AB is responsible for making all the arrangements for everything specified in the services and itineraries.
Medsail Holidays AB liability and responsibility does not extend beyond the boat; any arrangements made by or for passengers either before boarding or when disembarking are at the passenger’s own risk. Medsail Holidays AB does not own or control any ground transportation or hotels. As a convenience to our passengers, Medsail Holidays AB may sell tickets for land excursions or arrange other services which are operated by independent contractors, but shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever for any damage, loss, injury or death arising.
Nevertheless, all of the service provided in the boat bears Medsail Holidays AB guarantee and responsibility for quality service, which we provide to all of our customers with.
All travel documents issued by Medsail Holidays AB, in written paraphernalia or to the customer, are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the laws of Sweden.
Medsail Holidays AB preserves the right to cancel the whole tour without a refund, once the capacity of the passengers excess the booking and the capacity of the boat itself.
All boats are under fully comprehensive and third party insurances. The insurance covers even the medical expenses in case of injury on board during the cruise and the cost of personal belongings in case of accidents that may occur while at sea. However, the insurance does not cover the accidents or injuries etc. that may occur beyond the boat, thus we do advise you to have your own personal travel, health, accident, cancellation, luggage and trip-interruption insurance.
* We do not accept liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting from war or terrorist activities, threatened or actual, civil unrest, industrial action, weather conditions, fire, flood, drought, airport regulations and closure, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules, rescheduling of aircraft, boats, or any type of transportation means or any other event outside our control which either delays or extends the holiday arrangements.
* We do not accept any responsibility for any client who contravenes any law or regulation of any of the countries visited while on the tour.
During the tour should any complaints arise on board please report them to your Captain right away so that he can contact the representative of yours whom you met at the briefing at embarkation from Medsail Holidays AB.
Any complaints must be made in writing directly to Medsail Holidays AB Head Office Customer Services, which should be received by Medsail Holidays AB within 21 days of completing the tour the complaint is regarding. Complaints that are received by the company 21 days after the end of cruise are not acknowledged. Please also ensure that your personal guest questionnaire is filled and submitted to our colleague. We welcome all your suggestions for improvements as well as your feedback on our cruise operation and on our crew.
PHOTOS AND MARKETING
The passenger consents to Medsail Holidays AB using images taken of the passenger during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. The passenger grants Medsail Holidays AB a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
In our boats bringing pets are not permitted on board for several reasons. Crew is required to maintain rigid cleanliness standards for all their guests and there is a potential of allergens from animals remaining on board.
Smoking is not permitted to any of our passengers or members of the crew in any indoor part of the boat.
A crew gratuity is both customary and discretionary. 5% of the base charter fee is usually the norm depending totally on your discretion. It is usually given to the captain at the end of the charter and divided equally among the crew members. You do not have to give a tip, it depends on you.
Participants must be in possession of a valid passport (expiring not earlier than one month after the cruise ends) and should obtain visas and health certificates where required. All requirements should be confirmed with appropriate government consulate or information office prior to departure. It is passenger’s responsibility to obtain any visas, passports, health certificates or other travel documentation required.
LUGGAGE AND CLOTHING
Please travel as lightly as possible so as not to restrict any space in your cabin. Soft bags are more practical than hard suitcases. Sports or casual clothes are more useful. Plenty of swimwear is required and a pullover or cardigan is recommended for cool evenings. Comfortable walking shoes are suggested when ashore.
Due to safety reasons it is requested that physical disabilities of any kind be advised at time of reservation. It is understood that passengers require special attention or treatment will be travelling with their escorts. The company retains the right to refuse to embark any pregnant woman beyond the 6th month of pregnancy.
SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Every attempt to meet special dietary requirements will be made provided that such a request is put in writing at least 2 weeks prior to your charter.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Our boats are not suitable for passengers with special needs. Embarkation gang ways do not fit all types of wheel chairs. Cabin bathrooms and stair cases are unsuitable for disabled passengers.
LAND TOURS – OPTIONAL excursions
Land tours are not included in the cruise fares and available according to the cruise schedule. Details are available on the written itineraries. Land tours are subject to shore and weather conditions and based on a minimum participation.